Blog Income Report – June 2016
WOW did June FLY by! The year is more than halfway over and guys, between work and the blog I am slammed! My Blog Income Report June 2016 is now up. There were some hits and some misses, for sure. All in all, I think I’m on my way to growing in my own time.
So, these numbers aren’t exactly accurate. In the beginning of the month my Analytics became disconnected. I have no idea how that happened, but it’s been fixed and hopefully in the next week or so everything will be back on track.
My social media stats:
Twitter: May 9,306 | June: 9,449 | Percent growth: 1.54%
Instagram:May 2,490 | June: 2,644 | Percent growth: 6.2%
Facebook: May 2,394 | June: 2,540 | Percent growth: 6.1%
Pinterest: May 1,454 | June: 1,590 |Percent growth: 9.4%
Klout Score: May 67 | June: 67
Overall: 3.7% increase. Didn’t quite hit that 10% goal LOL. I’m pretty happy with the Pinterest growth I’ve seen just by going back and updating images. This is making a big difference for me in a short amount of time.
Blog Income Report June 2016 – Lesson:
I haven’t been a very big Pinterest user. Twitter is my preferred choice of social media. I LOVE IT. I used Pinterest before I became a blogger and “pinned all the things,” but when it came to my own blog, I didn’t get it. I felt like everything I was seeing was for big-time DIYers and food bloggers. Thanks to Jessica at Jess Creatives, she gave me some feedback on my lack of Pinterest-friendly images. I went through and revamped a few of them on popular posts and I got traction on Pinterest! Check out her resources here. She’s the real deal. My average daily impressions went up 56.59% and my average daily viewers went up 53.61%. Coincidence? Maybe, but I don’t think so.
Blog Income Report June 2016:
Gross Income: $3,387.88
- Collective Bias: $335
- The Women Bloggers: $2,100
- Military One Click: $100
- TapInfluence: $250
- IZEA: $75 (affiliate link)
Passive Affiliate Income
- Share-A-Sale: $220 this is from one affiliate (affiliate link)
Social Media Sharing
- She Knows: $150
- IZEA: $157.88 (affiliate link)
- Taxes: 15.3% self-employment tax $518.35 (OUCH)
- Taxes: 7% state income tax: $237.15 (Arkansas- this will vary state to state)
- Facebook Boosting: $34.00
- Virtual Assistant: $27.60
- IZEA membership fee: $1
Net Income: $2,569.78
A note – I also received a mattress from Tuft & Needle, one of my new affiliates. This does have to be declared on my taxes. I will ask my accountant what percent I will have to pay. In some states, there is no tax on receipt of free products. Arkansas is not one of those states.
July Blogging Goals
Moving forward I have lofty goals along with those that are a bit more obtainable in the short term:
- I think I got a bit overzealous with the ten percent figure. I’ll aim for 5% social media growth given how busy July will be for me.
- Find the right audience for the Tuft & Needle post I’ll be doing
- Make the most of Blogger Bash NYC – learn, learn, learn!
- Play with video a bit
- Keep trying to grow to 100,000 followers and apply for Ad Thrift
Anything that worked for you in June? Please do share in the comments!