Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
A week and a half ago, Gail of Maybe I’ll Shower Today nominated me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I’m so tickled! I love her humor and if you haven’t stopped by her blog, you’re missing out! So without further ado, here are the questions she asked along with my answers:
1. Who do you most admire?
This is a tough question. I’ve had the great privilege of meeting some amazing people. It may be a bit biased, but I admire our men and women in uniform who serve this country. So many do not realize just what they and their families sacrifice. They don’t do it for recognition or pats on the back. Overall, I strongly admire people who dedicate their lives to giving back. If it were not for those who give – a lot of people would not be here. Myself included.
2. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
Dark! With a really good glass of red wine, please.
3. What is your favorite indulgence?
Spa treatments during my travels if I have the time and the cheese plate with Falling in Love tea at Extraordinary Desserts followed by one of their amazing sweets! The hubs and I met and got our wedding cake from there. It’s a definite favorite.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
In the words of John Lennon, I wanted to be happy. A wanderer; a traveler, a person who leads a quality life that means leaving the earth better than when I arrived. Above all I wanted to be a person who walks to the beat of her own drum. For a career path, I wanted to be a scientist. I followed that path for many years before I decided that medical education wasn’t for me. I am glad my parents instilled other goals besides the inevitable and eventual “finding a job”. My life has been beautiful because of the path they showed me.
5. What is happiness to you?
Laying in my husband’s arms. Being under the ocean watching the fish. Watching my bonus daughters’ expressions when we do something cool and listening to the excitement in their voices. Giving. It is one of the ultimate joys in my life.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Shawshank Redemption. The line, “I guess it comes down to a simple choice really, get busy living or get busy dying…” really resonates with me.
7. Are you a neat-freak or a total slob?
A military brat and a military wife, I am a neat-freak to the point the bar soap needs to be at the right angle and if you move it, I will know! Let’s not even get started on the fact the toilet paper goes UNDER! 😉
8. What cocktail best describes you?
Disaranno Sour. A little sweet, a little nutty but don’t piss me off or you’ll meet my sour side!
9. What is the coolest thing you have ever done?
It is impossible to narrow this down and I am humbled and lucky to write that my life has been incredible. Kicking cancer’s ass three times is pretty cool. Diving with sharks, skydiving for my AFF license, traveling the world…but perhaps the coolest thing was learning to never say “never again”, and after swearing off men with kids and re-marriage, marrying an amazing man with beautiful children. They have all taught me I was capable of a kind of Love I never knew could exist within me.
10. What do you like best about yourself?
I am a generous person. After really living, I believe the meaning of life is to give. I do my best to live this each day.
Here are my nominees –
All strong, amazing women and bloggers I truly enjoy following – and so will you!
The Girl Next Door is Black, Kids are a Trip, BritishMumUSA, Domain of the Mad Mommy, Mia Nonna Cucina (My Grandmother’s Kitchen), GreenMtnGirl and Mrs. AOk, A Work in Progress
1. You’re trapped on an island and can only listen to ONE album (assume you have something to play music with). Which is it?
2. Why do you KEEP blogging?
3. When you have been most satisfied in your life?
4. Do you have a spirit animal? What is it?
5. What question do you hate to answer?
6. Tell us something about you that’s “off-the-wall”.
7. What is the top item on your bucket-list and have you accomplished it?
8. What is your happy place?
9. Which family members would you choose to appear on Family Feud with you?
10. And last but not least, an ummm, unique one from the hubs: If you were given a giraffe and were required to keep it for one year, and you don’t have the option to say ‘no’, what would you do with it? (Ummm, I swear he hasn’t been drinking LOL).
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who nominated you.
2. Add the award logo.
3. Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
4. Nominate 7 other blogs and let them know via comments.
5. Ask your nominees 10 questions.