Nothing But Healthy Banana Berry Smoothie – Recipe
Hi, everyone! A few people have requested my banana berry smoothie recipe, so here it is. I am not a big breakfast person, but having a smoothie allows me to pack everything healthy into a drink to get it all in. You can do variations so you don’t get bored, too. It’s the perfect breakfast for people who say they don’t do breakfast! The other great thing is, you really can’t mess it up. Oh – and it will fill you up so you’re not hungry all morning.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 bananas (brown/spotted is great – and you know that’s what I had)
- Handful of strawberries – I used 5-6 – and I hull them using my Eco at Heart Straws – washed
- Handful of raspberries – washed
- Handful of blackberries – washed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I prefer chia but you can also use ground flax seed)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal, cooked (make sure you cook it)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt – unflavored, non-sweetened
- 1/4 cup almonds – I buy slivered almonds
- 2 cups Unsweet Almond Milk (You can use whatever kind you like, I use unsweetened)
- Raw honey -2 to 3 tablespoons depending on how sweet you like your smoothies (I get mine from the Farmers Market)
- Ice – about 2 cups
I have a Ninja blender and other than breaking the bananas into thirds, I just throw everything else in but the ice. If your blender doesn’t do ice well, used crushed ice and if you aren’t sure if it can handle whole berries, chop them up just to be safe.
Blend on low for a minute and begin adding ice little by little.
You can add protein powder if it floats your boat!
Once ice is blended well, you’re all set.
Voi la! Easy peasy Banana Berry Smoothie recipe. Garnish and enjoy.