A Triumphant Turkey Burger!
I’m working on my Operation 1950’s Hot Housewife (with that modern twist, of course) weekly schedule. In the meantime, I have GOT to share this turkey burger recipe I found on Pinterest that my husband has been raving about for almost two weeks now!
Some Freakin’ Awesome Turkey Burgers
1 pound regular ground turkey (not the extra lean stuff) – I used 93% lean
3 Tbsp grated or minced shallot or onion – I used minced onion
1 Tbsp fresh bread crumbs – I used Progresso Plain
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp Beau Monde seasoning
4 good quality buns (I made burgers a bit thicker, so only needed three)
|During and after LOL the hub’s burgers are sans the tomato and lettuce – this was cooked perfectly through and through
- Mix together the turkey, onion, Worchestershire, Beau Monde and crumbs, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into four patties (again I did three thick burgers).
- Heat a cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet over high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil and sear burgers until browned on both sides.
- Lower heat and let cook until done, another five minutes or so, until the burgers feel slightly firm to the touch in the center.**
- Add cheese if using- I used cheddar jack
- Set the burgers aside on a plate wit a paper towel on it to absorb grease
- Lightly butter the buns or brush them with olive oil. Toast them (insides down) in the same pan as the burgers.
- Place burger on bun and garnish as desired.
**Note: I cooked the burgers for five minutes on each side on medium/high heat – and covered the pan while they cooked. I also sprayed with Pam for the Grill when I flipped the burgers.
If you try it and love it, too let Sarah and me know!
Most definitely a Pinterest WIN!