A Triumphant Turkey Burger!
I’m working on my Operation 1950’s Hot Housewife (with that modern twist, of course) weekly schedule. In the meantime, I have GOT to share this turkey burger recipe I found on Pinterest that my husband has been raving about for almost two weeks now!
Thanks to Sarah at Undercover Caterer for the following recipe my husband now loves turkey burgers! CLICK HERE for her original post.
Some Freakin’ Awesome Turkey Burgers
1 pound regular ground turkey (not the extra lean stuff) – I used 93% lean
3 Tbsp grated or minced shallot or onion – I used minced onion
1 Tbsp fresh bread crumbs – I used Progresso Plain
2 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp Beau Monde seasoning
4 good quality buns (I made burgers a bit thicker, so only needed three)
|During and after LOL the hub’s burgers are sans the tomato and lettuce – this was cooked perfectly through and through|
- Mix together the turkey, onion, Worchestershire, Beau Monde and crumbs, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into four patties (again I did three thick burgers).
- Heat a cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet over high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil and sear burgers until browned on both sides.
- Lower heat and let cook until done, another five minutes or so, until the burgers feel slightly firm to the touch in the center.**
- Add cheese if using- I used cheddar jack
- Set the burgers aside on a plate wit a paper towel on it to absorb grease
- Lightly butter the buns or brush them with olive oil. Toast them (insides down) in the same pan as the burgers.
- Place burger on bun and garnish as desired.
**Note: I cooked the burgers for five minutes on each side on medium/high heat – and covered the pan while they cooked. I also sprayed with Pam for the Grill when I flipped the burgers.
If you try it and love it, too let Sarah and me know!
Most definitely a Pinterest WIN!