Bella’s Bitchin’ Biscuits – Easy Homemade Dog Treat Recipe!
Hello hoomans! Bella here. Since I decided to follow my alpha home nine months ago, life has been pretty grand. The hoomans are always making sure I have the best of the best, so today one of them (you can guess which one) has partnered with today’s sponsor, Rover.com to bring you Bella’s Bitchin’ Biscuits! They’re just 5 ingredients and a very easy homemade dog treat recipe that will have your pooches giving you smooches. They’re soft, too since some of my fellow K-9’s can’t do crunchy. Since I’m not allowed in the kitchen (I’m a shedder), I’m going to turn it over to the hooman…for now. Oh – all opinions are ours and haven’t been influenced in any way.
Keeping those Sensitive Stomachs Safe
‘Tis the season when fur babies all around the world are perusing for naughty nibbles under the table and pet owners everywhere are spoiling our precious pooches sneaking in an extra treat or two. Unfortunately, this is also the time of year when many animals end up a little sick since they’ve been given foods which aren’t safe for them.
When Rover.com asked Bella and me to partner on creating a fun and safe holiday treat that’s easy on Bella’s stomach, I was excited to share our super simple to make homemade dog treat recipe. Rover.com has a great resource on some of the foods that are okay to share (and those that aren’t) with your pet. You can check out their safety guide here for safe to eat treats not only during the holidays, but all year long. We feature a couple of ingredients on the list in our homemade dog treat recipe. So without further ado…let’s get started!
Bella’s Bitchin’ Biscuits – Easy Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
Bella has never been one to grab anything without you giving it to her. She veeerrry gently takes things from your hand and treats have never been her thing. Until Bella’s Bitchin’ Biscuits. She loves them and she will actually take them herself without “permission”. It’s awesome to see her just be a dog! These are actually human grade so you can try a taste, too.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (don’t use regular flour)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin – NOT pumpkin pie filling). I go through the steps below.
- 1/4 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1/4 cup almond butter (I make mine fresh at the store – get the pure/organic stuff. Peanut Butter is okay, too)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C
- Mix all ingredients
- Put mixture into a mold (or roll into balls and flatten with bottom of a small cup). Tip: use a tad of coconut oil in place of cooking spray – just put it on a paper towel and rub into molds. Your treats will pop right out!
- Bake for about 30 minutes (keep an eye on the oven since cooking times vary)
- Let cool
- Treat time!
Aren’t they sooo cute?
Handing it back over to Bella…
Mmmm hope you love our easy homemade dog treat recipe…can’t (nom nom) talk right now (nom nom), but go check out this re”bark”able video of a furry internet friend making some pies (mmm pie! Ooooh hoooman…) and don’t forget to connect with me here on my Instagram account(nom nom).