Finding New Roads with #ChevySalutes
Special thanks to Chevrolet for sponsoring this post!
As of today the hubs has three working days left in the military. Three! To tell you it feels surreal is an understatement. When we started counting down a year ago I could not have imagined how fast this last week would actually get here. Time has absolutely flown!
Some of you know that we will be making a major move this summer. There are a lot of emotions in the mix as we get ready to start life in a new place. Sad to leave San Diego, excited for what’s to come. Of course I’m not complaining about having to shop to prepare myself to live in a place that has all four seasons. Gotta admit that doesn’t sound so bad haha. The support we have received from family, friends and you my dear readers has meant so very much – we really think you are going to enjoy all of the adventures we have in store!
Of course before we leave for Arkansas we are definitely making the most of our time out here. And if you are on the path to finding new roads because separation or retirement is in your sights, here are a few recommendations from us to you:
- All those places surrounding your duty station you wanted to see, but didn’t get around to visiting? Take a weekend and go! Get pictures, soak it up and enjoy. You’ll thank yourselves when you look back on the memories and smile.
- Relax. Packing, moving and unpacking isn’t exactly fun times and it can definitely become overwhelming keeping track of it all. Yes, we’re all pros at it by now, but it’s okay to give yourself a break. Step away. Take a breath. Take a short walk. It will all be there when you get back.
- Lean on your support system and don’t be too proud to ask for a hand. Vent, throw a packing party and listen to ideas on how to make life less stressful. People want to help. Let them!
Speaking (or umm writing) of support, did you know Chevrolet, part of the GM family, has multiple support programs for veterans, retirees and their families as they transition into civilian life? Check this out:
- Not only do they provide dealerships with free access to over 400 Hiring Our Heroes job fairs that connect them to veteran applicants with diverse skills, currently GM employs almost 5,000 veterans and nearly 20,000 retirees!
- In July of 2014 GM joined the US Army and Raytheon Company in launching the Shifting Gears Automotive Technician Training Program which provides training for eligible soldiers to become service techs at GM dealerships as they transition into civilian life.
- Chevrolet supports some of the foundations that are nearest and dearest to my heart like Cell Phones for Soldiers and the Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Warriors.
- And of course there is #CHEVYSALUTES!
The Chevy Salutes program aka #ChevySalutes is month-long campaign that spreads Chevrolet’s commitment to all military service members and their families during the entire month of May, Military Appreciation Month! This year Chevrolet is highlighting how America’s military service members and their families are constantly finding new roads during and after military service. Sound like someone you know?
During Military Appreciation Month Chevrolet has the best military discount program of any car company. True story. Because they believe in giving back to those who serve by honoring them with a great discount Chevrolet proudly extends their discount to:
- Active Duty members
- Veterans within one year of discharge date and
- Retirees — including their spouses — of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard
Delivering a special discounted price below the MSRP, this is an awesome value! If that’s not generous enough, you can combine this discount with most current offers to save even more. But wait, there’s more…if you are a member of USAA, you are also eligible for an additional $750 private offer.
Oh – and make sure you check out the #ChevySalutes #FindNewRoads Instagram Contest! Now through May 17, 2015 you can enter to win 1 of 3 really cool prizes (one grand prize and two runners up). Share your photos or videos that show how YOUR military family finds new roads or let everyone know how all of us can support our military service members and their families as they find new roads. I can’t wait to see your photos!
The hubs and I are honored and excited to be hitting the road with Chevy during #ChevySalutes this month and I can’t wait for you to see what we’ve got up our sleeves! Stay tuned and make sure to connect with Chevrolet on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and by visiting ChevySalutes.com to learn more about Chevrolet’s military discount program during Military Appreciation Month!
See you real soon…
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chevrolet via MSB New Media. The opinions and text are all mine.