Easy Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
Thanks to today’s sponsor, I am really excited to share an easy sausage and potato recipe that is tried and true in our home. Props to the hubs, because he is the one who first brought Hillshire Brands sausages into my life. I love how easy this is to make and when the girls are with us, they get excited to know this will be served for dinner (true story!). It’s such a win – we all get our protein, picky palates disappear and the girls gobble it up! It’s just so easy.
Now before you run out to get your ingredients, let me save you some money! Be sure to download the Safeway Just For You app – if you shop at Vons, that works, too! You can get your .55¢ coupon for the sausage ropes we’ll be making as well as several other Hillshire Brands products using the app (this includes Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Ballpark and State Fair, too). Just click here (clickety, click click). Choose the coupons you want to send to your club card and shop! It takes just a minute and it is SO worth it.
Easy Sausage and Potato Recipe – STEPS:
Okay, now that you have that all set up here’s what you will need:
- Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage (or the Hillshire Farm sausage you like best) and slice into small pieces
- A small bag of baby red potatoes, halved – we use the entire bag
- One large garlic clove
- Olive oil (about two tablespoons)
- One tablespoon thyme (I used dry, but fresh works great, too if it is finely chopped)
I wash and boil the potatoes first, but you don’t have to. Just wash them really well either way (you can peel them, but we like the peels and keep them on).
Now let’s get cookin’:
- Put one tablespoon of the olive oil, thyme and crushed garlic into a sauté pan. Let it all heat up a bit.
- After the potatoes are boiled, throw them in the sauté pan and mix with the warmed olive oil, garlic and thyme
- Cover the pan and let the potatoes brown a bit – at this point add the other tablespoon of olive oil – the potatoes will only take 2-3 minutes to brown
- Add the sliced Hillshire Brands Sausage and mix again
- Let brown a few more minutes (shouldn’t take more than five minutes, three should be plenty unless you like yours extra crispy)
- Voi la! Your meal is finished!
We served it up with salad, rice pilaf and steamed veggies. In fact, this is the first meal the hubs and I shared together seated at our new dining room table in our new place:
I am sure the whole family will enjoy this one, and I am glad I got to share the Just For You program, too – I love saving people money! Come back and let me know what you think after you make it!
And for some more drool-worthy (and easy!) meals and snacks, be sure to check these other bloggers’ Hillshire Brands recipes, too:
Mummy Dogs – perfect for Halloween!
Kielbasa and Apples
Smoked Sausage and Peppers
Chicken and Sausage Skillet with Veggies
Breakfast for Dinner
Kid-Friendly Hot Dog Kebabs
Smoked Sausage Penne Pasta
A Good Source of Protein!