Packing Tips to Know Before You Go + Win a Family Trip for 4 from Atlantic Luggage!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Atlantic Luggage. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hi, everyone! Atlantic Luggage is holding a pretty sweet sweepstakes now through November 15, 2014. You can win a family trip for four to your choice of New York City or San Diego, so be sure to read on since you may soon get that winning call and I want to leave you with some tips to make life easier:
As a road warrior, you all know I take my suitcases seriously and I am loving the different lines from Atlantic Luggage! They have been innovators in producing solid, quality luggage since 1919. With bonus daughters who have very different tastes, I love the versatility and lightweight choices which mean the whole family will find something they love. From great color selections to size options, everyone is happy and gets to express their individuality! And while you don’t see the words affordable and luxury very often in the same sentence, Atlantic Luggage offers just that: luxury luggage sets at affordable prices which also leaves more money for when you arrive to your destination. Always a great thing!
Spending a lot of time on the road and in airports, I can tell you that travel, especially with kids, is a heck of a lot easier when you’ve prepared ahead of time and each person has one suitcase! When we have started our own packing I have definitely wondered, “How in the world will we make everything fit?” Not to fret! You would be amazed at how much you can fit into each piece which totally alleviates the worries of extra luggage fees and more bags to keep track of at the airport (and in the car or taxi)! If someone is feeling a bit tired (or is a little busy texting), Atlantic Luggage has innovative features such as the Link2Go™ system, which lets you connect multiple pieces of luggage so you can just roll along using only one hand. I also looove the 360-degree 4-Wheel Spinners making it so easy to make your way through terminals without worrying about getting tripped up because your wheel runs over whatever is on the floor or gets stuck in a sidewalk crack (trust me it has happened and in turn I tripped and fell just about flat on my face. Don’t worry; the only thing hurt was my pride). They pretty much thought of everything simplifying packing for solo and family travelers alike!
A few tips to get you started:
- Make a list before your trip. I know it’s a bit old-fashioned, but it is always great checking in luggage knowing you didn’t forget a thing (and won’t have to make an unexpected trip to the store or hotel gift shop for that contact solution or toothpaste you forgot)!
- Make sure you know the airline’s travel policy BEFORE you get to the airport. Is the weight limit 50 pounds? Are you allowed a free bag? Check the online section of their website before packing so you can be all set at the airport
- Put business cards or identifying information on the inside and outside of your luggage. Many of us have had it happen – we’ve had a luggage tag rip off in transit. Not fun times! Put some identifying info (your name, phone number and email address is enough) inside of your bag just in case it gets lost during your journey. I’ve had a lost bag returned because they found my business card inside.
- Check the TSA’s latest travel policies. If you plan to bring a carry-on, remember the 3-1-1 rule. No one wants to lose an expensive toiletry item because they tried to carry on 4 ounces instead of 3.4. And always put liquids in a 1-quart clear plastic bag (remember 1 per passenger). For those who travel a lot, consider TSA Precheck and Global Entry. I love these programs!
- When packing, roll those shirts and pants! It may seem counter-intuitive, but it saves space and helps reduce wrinkles. You have to roll these a little tight. It’s worth the effort and the kids found it fun to see who could use this method to leave more room for souvenirs.
Now that you are all set, here is how you can enter for your chance to win a trip for the whole family! Entry is just so easy. Oh and if you choose San Diego, be sure to wave hello as you land!
THE GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Roundtrip airfare for four (4) courtesy of Delta Vacations®
- Choice of Delta Vacations hotel accommodations
- Choice of one (1) Delta Vacations activity or tour for four (4)
- Four (4) Atlantic carry-on size suitcases
IT IS THIS EASY:
The fine print:
Sweepstakes runs October 15 through November 15. Winner will be chosen within 7-10 days following the close of the sweepstakes. Grand Prize trip must be booked by 9/30/15 and travel must be completed by 10/31/15.
Grand Prize package trip certificate is valid for: (a) round-trip economy air transportation valued at up to $450 per ticket for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests from a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near to the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near New York City or San Diego, CA (as chosen by winner and determined by Sponsor); (b) hotel accommodations at a participating Delta Vacations hotel in New York City or San Diego, C; (c) four (4) Atlantic® carry-on sized suitcases; and (d) $300 allowance to spend on their choice of Delta Vacations Tour or Activity packages.
Trip is to last three days and two nights. Total prize value of $3,700.