- Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know (or contact them through social media).
- No tag backs!
Here are my answers to Samantha’s questions:
Definitely meeting other bloggers. What an incredibly gifted and strong network! Through blogging, I’ve become even better acquainted with life outside my own world. Getting a glimpse into how others operate (whether its during their travels or in their households) has also been so interesting! I’ve gotten perspective I may not have otherwise received through my fellow bloggers.
2. What is the response you get from people when they find out you blog?
HAHA some people have no idea what it is, others show concern since I share many aspects of my life on the internet. Most of my friends don’t really care-not that they aren’t supportive, but it’s just not an element of our relationship. Other people act like they’re meeting a celebrity and while it’s a little embarrassing, it’s also very flattering.
3. Why did you start blogging?
For years many people have told me I should write a book about my life (it’s been a pretty incredible life). But books end, and life goes on everyday. The blog lets me tell my story without having to end it and I can
write in real-time. We evolve as individuals and the blog evolves with me. As for writing an actual book,
time will tell.
4. What do you do in your free time?
You’d think I’d just want to stay home because I travel so much for work, but if I can travel – I’m going to do it. I also love riding passenger on the Harley Davidson with my husband. Spending time on the bike is such a great feeling. It’s also such a silent connection with my husband. I joke every married couple should have a motorcycle, but hey…my parents have been married almost forty years! Maybe there is something to it.
If I can be in the ocean, you’ll probably find me there, too – as long as the water isn’t freezing (unfortunately, the water is really cold here in San Diego especially compared to how warm it was back home in Florida).
And of course, I blog! I have a career that I love that doesn’t come with regular ‘hours’ so I blog in-between. I’m trying to learn to relax, but I’m a mover and shaker. Relaxing isn’t relaxing for me!
5. Share your favorite blog post
It’s hard to narrow this down, but I have two:
- I love San Diego and I think this is a fun, light-hearted post that really gives a glimpse into who I am because of what I like to do: A Sunday Stroll through San Diego
- I’m a proud cancer survivor and this post tells my story and why it will always be of utmost importance to me to give back. Hold On.I Need to Stop.Why I Relay.
6. If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
Everywhere! My husband and I will be traveling around the world when his youngest daughter is older. As individuals, we can say that we are “from” a certain place, but we are ALL citizens of the world. I want to
see my world. I’ve been many amazing places, but I definitely have a list. Antarctica is on the top of it. The life-cycle there amazes me. Bora Bora for a week of staring at fish? Sign me up! Greece and Italy for the history, culture and food. There is just no way for me to narrow it to one destination!
Twitter. I love it! It keeps the long-winded (raising my hand) in check. I enjoy the chats and love that you have to get your point across in a succinct and hopefully clever way. I’ve also met so many great people and other bloggers on Twitter.
8. Tea or coffee?
I had to chuckle with this one. One-hundred percent, tea! I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. I’m not kidding. I’ve tasted it and being that I am 1/2 Colombian, most people think I’m adopted, but I just never took to it. Tea is very special to me.
9. What is your favorite show?
I am not a big TV person. I had lived without it for years and was so leery of getting one and now we have two – famous last words, right? We don’t have cable because I don’t want us to be that couple who has only television programming in common or to rely on television to entertain us. That written, we do have things like Netflix, Redbox and Hulu and I indulge every so often. I love So You Think You Can Dance. Some of those dancers – just WOW! I have to applaud those who don’t just dream their dreams, but choose to pursue and live them.
10. Where is your favorite place to blog?
On an airplane. It is where I get the most uninterrupted time and I feel completely in my element.People usually exclaim, “Wow you type fast!”
11. Where do you find inspiration?
As someone who was told I wouldn’t be here to see my 22nd birthday (I’ve celebrated 22 many times over now), I find inspiration in everyday living. Life is such a gift. I’m here to enjoy the good, learn from the bad, overcome the tragedies and revel in the triumphs. And I’m here to give back. That’s just beautiful to me.
1. What question do you hate to answer?
2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
3. How did you choose the title of your blog?
4. What is your favorite charity (and please tell us why)?
5. Most daring thing you’ve done in your adult life?
6. What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
7. Craziest thing in your refrigerator right now?
8. What one book would you recommend to your readers?
9. Road trip or airplane? (caveat: given you can choose between the two to get to your destination)
10. Sweet or salty?
11. What is your favorite indulgence?
I’m excited to read your replies! Be sure to link back so I can read your answers!